2. What information do we collect from you?
We may collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you
We may collect personal information (such as your name, postal and email address, telephone number, date of birth, title, payment information, health and other information) that you provide to us when you:
- visit our website and register an account with us and/or purchase products through our website;
- fill out a profile card when visiting one of our KANE retail stores or counters; and
- subsequently correspond with us.
- Information we collect about you
- technical information, including your IP address, your login information, browser type and version, details of any website which has referred you to our website, device identifier, location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and download errors;
- information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our website and products you viewed or searched for; and
- length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers) and methods used to browse away from the page.
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- Cookies allow KANE to collect information about your computer, which may include your IP address (a number assigned to your computer when you register with an Internet Service Provider), type of browser, operating system, domain name, and the details of any website which has referred you to our website.
3. How do we use your personal information?
We use the information that we generally collect to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Comply with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental or regulatory authority;
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We also use your information to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
You acknowledge that you have read and understood when and for what purposes we can collect, use and disclose Personal Information.
To the extent that you have provided any personal data or information relating to a third party, you acknowledge and confirm that you have sought for and obtained the consent of each relevant third party to provide us with his/her/their information for the respective purposes.
You consent and you have obtained each third party’s consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Information for the foregoing purposes.
4. Sharing your personal information
We do share your Personal Information with third parties to help us fulfil your requests for services, and more generally to optimize and improve our Site. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store - for more information on how Shopify uses your Personal Information, click https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. `
If we share your Personal Information to any overseas third party service provider to maintain, process, and use the Personal Information, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We will not sell your personal information to third parties.
Please note our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners or affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we have no control over how they may use your personal information. You should check the privacy policies of third party websites before you submit any personal information to them.
5. Data retention
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.